As I stand on the brink of my 100th posting since starting my blog last August, I was pleasantly surprised to learn recently that Budget Cooking Blog has been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by www.royaghorbani.wordpress.com. Thank you so much for nominating my blog! It’s an honor to be recognized!
The nomination is a pay-it-forward type recognition in which select bloggers are asked to nominate 15 fellow bloggers who not only write a fun and entertaining blogs, but have been supportive and helpful to their fellow bloggers.
When a blogger receives the nomination, they are requested to:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.
When I wrote my first blog in early August, I had only recently learned what blogging was! Since then, I have developed many rewarding and interesting relationships with a wide variety of people whose work I respect and enjoy reading every day. These writers not only write fun and entertaining blogs, but have been extremely supportive and helpful throughout the whole process of launching and developing my blog.These include, in no particular order because I love them all:
Seven Fun Facts About Myself
7. Whle working as an usher in high school, I once tried to kick “Mr. Cub” Ernie Banks out of Wrigley Field because I didn’t recognize him. I’m a White Sox fan.
6. I once served a room service cheeseburger to the King of Soul, James Brown.
5. Despite being a classically trained chef, I could eat pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and before I was married, I frequently did).
4. In high school, I played guitar in a band called Blackjack. We sucked.
3. I attended Notre Dame during the awful Jerry Faust football years. Two years after I graduated, the Fighting Irish won the national championship under Lou Holtz.
2. My hobby is doing laundry. I’m not even kidding.
1. I have written a screenplay and am about halfway through my first novel.
Thank you again for this honor. It is nice to be recognized for all the hard work that goes into writing a daily blog!